My Daughter got her cellphone confiscated yesterday at school, so today I went to speak to the principal to see if I could get it back. She told me that there was no way she could return it for 365 days from the day they took it. The vice principal was in the office also and told me the school boards had threatened their jobs if they return any students phone.
My daughter knew better than to have it at school and more importantly knew better than to have it out using it. However, I couldn't help but think what if I had a contract on the phone or what if she had been carrying my phone. I would have had to get it back one way or the other.
I found out quickly the only hope I had would be to go before the school board and that the school board had refused to return any phones so far for the last two years. They also told me that there has been a case brought before the Supreme Court and the ruling was for the School Board.
The Principals were very kind and said they didn't agree with the rule but had to follow it. Schools are considering cell phones contraband now. I am not upset but I don't agree nor do I like this.
I have the biggest problem with seeing teachers walking through the hall talking on their cell phones and the fact that the Principal had hers ringing while I was in her office. If the kids have to follow the rules shouldn't the teachers? What do you think?
Local News
This Blog will contain different articles that I have written and reviews on books and products I have tried. You are always welcome to email me with any questions or suggestions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment